WE ARE OPEN: 09H00-17H00 (WEEKDAYS AND SATURDAYS). 09H00-13H00 (SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
In light of the latest developments surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak in South Africa, Avontuur Estate and Restaurant is taking the safety of all employees, visitors and their families very seriously whilst maintaining as normal business operations as is possible. To this end we have decided to take a pragmatic approach to implement a number of precautionary measures, set out below.
VISITING AVONTUUR ESTATE
- As a Tasting Room and Restaurant with outdoor seating and generous spacing between tables, we are currently still operational and open for visitors within the required times as set out in the Government Gazette of 09h00-17h00 on weekdays and Saturdays and 09h00-13h00 on Sundays. (This excludes Good Friday, where the Estate is traditionally closed in any case)
- Movements of both our staff and visitors will be restricted to essentials only.
- All non-essential gatherings will be postponed or cancelled and essential gatherings will be restricted to the instructed maximum of 100 people.
- All visitors are welcome on our premises but urged to adhere to all on premise Health and Safety measures, which includes:
- All visitors to our restaurant or tasting room will be encouraged to use provided hand sanitisers upon entry of our premises and during their visit as needed.
- All physical contact, including handshakes are disallowed. We do encourage a friendly wave of nod ‘hello’ and will be greeting guests as such.
- Nobody with flu-like symptoms will be allowed on the premises.
- Our public facing staff will be provided with, and be given the opportunity to, wear face masks.
- We reserve the right to deny anybody access to the premises if we feel the safety of our employees and fellow visitors is compromised in any way.
ON-LINE WINE SHOP
Our on-line shop at https://shop.avontuurestate.co.za/ is available for stocking up on wine from the comfort of your home.
We will continually adjust to the escalation or de-escalation of risk over time and keep you updated via our social media platforms and our website should there be any changes in our daily operations.
Please do stay safe out there and we hope to see you again soon.